Looking for road helmet: Limar vs Kask?

Bond

Looking for road helmet: Limar vs Kask?

Postby Bond » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:10 pm

I'm looking at getting a new road bike helmet https://bikesbros.com/road-bike-helmet/. I currently have a Giro, but it's really more of a mtn bike helmet (larger, less venting, etc.).

I'm looking for a lower profile helmet. Mine does have that mushroom head aura about it.

I've read a number of great reviews about several of the Kask helmets and was leaning that way. Yesterday a local retailer introduced me, though, to a Limar helmet (635), which was pretty impressive.

I'm just curious if anyone with experience with both could compare the two brands, Kask vs Limar. Comfort and quality comparisons?

I have been attracted to the Garneau X-lite also. No one locally carries this one or Kask. Just looking for any advice that could steer me. I want something comfortable, lower profile, but I don't want to compromise coverage/safety.

Thanks,
Leo.
Last edited by Bond on Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

10speedsemiracer

Re: Looking for road helmet: Limar vs Kask?

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:26 pm

I have a Limar and 2 Bell helmets. The Limar is nicer to wear in the heat but the Bells both fit my oversized cranium better than the Limar so I wear them more. And for some reason the Limar (white) gets a lot more attention from swooping Maggies....no idea why.

I think it really does get down to comfort and fit, and am fairly sure it'd be fairly hard to buy a 'bad' helmet from a reputable brand nowadays. Get into an LBS (not a sports store or Dept store) and try a few on, find the brand and model line which fits you, go from there.
Campagnolo for show, SunTour for go

g-boaf

Re: Looking for road helmet: Limar vs Kask?

Postby g-boaf » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:56 pm

Bond wrote:I'm looking at getting a new road bike helmet. I currently have a Giro, but it's really more of a mtn bike helmet (larger, less venting, etc.).

I'm looking for a lower profile helmet. Mine does have that mushroom head aura about it.

I've read a number of great reviews about several of the Kask helmets and was leaning that way. Yesterday a local retailer introduced me, though, to a Limar helmet (635), which was pretty impressive.

I'm just curious if anyone with experience with both could compare the two brands, Kask vs Limar. Comfort and quality comparisons?

I have been attracted to the Garneau X-lite also. No one locally carries this one or Kask. Just looking for any advice that could steer me. I want something comfortable, lower profile, but I don't want to compromise coverage/safety.

Thanks,
Leo.
Have you thought about a POC Ventral?

https://www.pocsports.com/eu/ventral-sp ... lue%20Matt

I have one of these, along with an older Octal. They are very comfortable to wear. Buy them from Snowsport, you'll get them fairly cheap at that store:

https://snowsport.com.au/collections/poc

They've got a medium Octal Aero navy/black very cheap at the moment. :idea: