Cannondale TechService docs, including Lefty Service vids !!

MichaelB

Cannondale TechService docs, including Lefty Service vids !!

Postby MichaelB » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:25 pm

For since I've had my Slate with its cool but very proprietary Lefty Oliver fork, I've been looking for whether it's possible to do the 100hr service/overhaul as a DIY. I mean, you can buy the seal kits relatively easily, so to quote Jeremy Clarkson, "How hard can it be ?"

Well, if you are trying to find the instructions, the answer is BLOODY HARD !

But, after much searching and asking, I finally got pointed in the right direction and found a whole pile of official Cannondale service vids, including the Lefty Oliver 100hr service.

So my community service is top spread the good word !!!!

Best I've managed to find so far is this for the Lefty 2.0. Need to sit down with the various exploded parts views and see what is what with a cuppa or two (maybe during one of the more boring Vuelta stages coming up).

Looks like it only requires one special tool - the KH198 Slider Tool (apparently, the KH123 is also compatible) as long as you have a 36mm socket (which I think I do (or you can buy the KH127 which is a pretty green colour).

I actually don't know yet what the local cost is to get it done, but it looks like A$300-ish :shock:

EDIT : Ooh, Ooh Just dug a bit more in the Vimeo link (and found all of these - there is 5 pages -Cannondale Tech Clinics ) and then the HOLY GRAIL

2016/17 Left Oliver 100hr service (or annual)

Going through thge video, the KH200 Slider tool (vs KH198 for the Lefty 2.0) is required. Need std 36 & 24mm sockets as well. Need a KH240 to undo the cyclinder, but can also clamp carefully in a vice (there are 3 bike size specific air cyclinders ?? - need to read and understand more), a HDTL187 to clamp the shaft ...

So, needs a few speccy tools, but seems eminently doable . The three tools and seal kit is nigh on $200 from Germany. Yes, I could McGyver two of the tools, but not easily. Not many places have all 3 tools or ship to Aus.

ENJOY !!!

MichaelB

Re: Cannondale TechService docs, including Lefty Service vids !!

Postby MichaelB » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:19 pm

I've finally bought the required tools and 100hr service kit, and they are on their way from cannondale in Germany.

I've also bought some Isopropyl alcohol (5 litres for $30 delivered) and some 20w Fork Oil so I can ensure the bath oil is always there between services as the legs wear if its ignored.

So, a bath oil change is the first thing in the next few weekends, and then when I finally get the shed cleaned up, I'll do a10hr service including the seals.....
:shock:

WyvernRH

Postby WyvernRH » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:58 pm

MichaelB wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:19 pm
I've finally bought the required tools and 100hr service kit, and they are on their way from cannondale in Germany.

I've also bought some Isopropyl alcohol (5 litres for $30 delivered) and some 20w Fork Oil so I can ensure the bath oil is always there between services as the legs wear if its ignored.

So, a bath oil change is the first thing in the next few weekends, and then when I finally get the shed cleaned up, I'll do a10hr service including the seals.....
So, just starting to do the same search as the 'local' Cannondale stockist (I hesitate to class them as a dealer) gave a very vague and unsatisfactory answer when queried about servicing my gravel Lefty fork. I got the impression that they would have to go and read the manual just to find out what it was. To be fair, they do specialize in road bikes but I reckon I'm as good a mechanic as anybody they employ so I'm up for giving it a go.
None of the Vimeo links you quote from 2019 are still active. Did you download the manuals or have an idea where they are now?

Richard

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:50 pm

Hi Richard,

Afraid I don’t have them any more, sorry

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:59 pm

WyvernRH wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:58 pm
MichaelB wrote:

So, just starting to do the same search as the 'local' Cannondale stockist (I hesitate to class them as a dealer) gave a very vague and unsatisfactory answer when queried about servicing my gravel Lefty fork. I got the impression that they would have to go and read the manual just to find out what it was. To be fair, they do specialize in road bikes but I reckon I'm as good a mechanic as anybody they employ so I'm up for giving it a go.
None of the Vimeo links you quote from 2019 are still active. Did you download the manuals or have an idea where they are now?

Richard
You wouldn't believe it, but looking on the Laptop for something for the missus, and eureka !!!

I FOUND THEM !!!!

Both the Oliver and Lefty 2.0 100Hr service videos from Cannondale !!

It's about 470 MB of info (and also the Lefty 2.0 2Spring upgrade video) as well.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:36 am

MichaelB wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:59 pm
WyvernRH wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:58 pm
MichaelB wrote:

Richard
You wouldn't believe it, but looking on the Laptop for something for the missus, and eureka !!!

I FOUND THEM !!!!

Both the Oliver and Lefty 2.0 100Hr service videos from Cannondale !!

It's about 470 MB of info (and also the Lefty 2.0 2Spring upgrade video) as well.
Hi Richard, the package is on the way and should be delivered by Friday - let me know if the files don't work.

Enjoy !!