QLD Track Series

foo on patrol

QLD Track Series

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:10 pm

Just nominated for this series. There are five rounds in it so am looking forward to it, even though my training has suffered badly this year. :(

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Re: QLD Track Series

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:23 pm

Well that didn't go to plan. First race and three riders came down in front of me and with nowhere to go, I slammed into one of the girls and hit the deck. Hit my head really hard and didn't think I was gunna stop sliding. :shock: Bike had no damage, skin suit was good and my new Wing 57 helmet was unscathed also. Some ski off below the knee and sore elbow was my damage but the girl that I hit was taken away to hospital. :(

Should have raced the next race before gettin my leg cleaned up, because once all of the adrenaline had left my system, the body went flat and was a struggle to get going. Lucky my son was with me, as I had to get him to drive home as I was space cadeting a bit. :(

Race starts at about the 18min mark

https://www.facebook.com/cyclingqueensl ... 638270320/

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:14 pm

foo on patrol wrote:Well that didn't go to plan. First race and three riders came down in front of me and with nowhere to go, I slammed into one of the girls and hit the deck. Hit my head really hard and didn't think I was gunna stop sliding. :shock: Bike had no damage, skin suit was good and my new Wing 57 helmet was unscathed also. Some ski off below the knee and sore elbow was my damage but the girl that I hit was taken away to hospital. :(

Should have raced the next race before gettin my leg cleaned up, because once all of the adrenaline had left my system, the body went flat and was a struggle to get going. Lucky my son was with me, as I had to get him to drive home as I was space cadeting a bit. :(

Foo
How do you hit your head really hard and still have an unscathed helmet? I hope all the injuries clear up soon. I'm just hoping to be able to be a holder for my son's big handicaps in December.

Cheers,

Cameron

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:34 pm

ironhanglider wrote:
foo on patrol wrote:Well that didn't go to plan. First race and three riders came down in front of me and with nowhere to go, I slammed into one of the girls and hit the deck. Hit my head really hard and didn't think I was gunna stop sliding. :shock: Bike had no damage, skin suit was good and my new Wing 57 helmet was unscathed also. Some ski off below the knee and sore elbow was my damage but the girl that I hit was taken away to hospital. :(

Foo
How do you hit your head really hard and still have an unscathed helmet? I hope all the injuries clear up soon. I'm just hoping to be able to be a holder for my son's big handicaps in December.

Cheers,

Cameron
Well I'm guessing that after the impact, my head bounced straight back up and at that point, I rolled onto my back fully. :idea: I'd post a pick of the helmet but this place makes it to complicated for me. :roll:

Foo
Goal 6000km

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:38 pm

I find that I can drag pics from Strava into the post composition box, and then put the [Img] bars around it.

A bounce requires more energy than a splat. I'd be measuring the wall thickness of the helmet to be sure that it is undamaged.

Cheers,

Cameron

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:24 am

Had a good look at the lid and all is goodly. :mrgreen: I

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:32 am

Well the wrap up from today..................very disappointed. :(

No warm up on the Track, don't know what the hell that was about, couldn't fire for the heat of the Malcolm Kamp Wheel Race. Then came the 200mtr qualifying. I did a woeful 13.6 for that and was totally disgusted in that time but the legs just wouldn't go but wasn't the slowest. Then the Tempo race was a complete waste of time.

First round of the sprints yeah nuffin to see here (2nd). The following round the two girls went with a lap n a half to go and I'm, seriously, that far out but said stuff it after they'd pulled 30mtrs out of me and I decided to have a dig and got 2nd. I then said I'm out now, my body is in pain my legs wouldn't go and my head was off with the space cadets, yep, I'd had enough.

So sitting there minding my own business, talkin to Bruce and Ian, comes up and says............put ya shoes on Gary. What, I told ya that I'm finished. Yep I know that, put ya shoes on, there's only two of you in this round. Me, being the idiot says.........seriously I'm knackered big time but okay, can't have the poor bloke riding around by himself, so I put my shoes and lines up. I said to him first...............I got nuffin, I'm buggered be on belief and he replies..........so am I. So we made a gentlemen's agreement to ride around at a sensible pace and then let it happen at the end for a bit of a show. 8)

Well bugger me, came around for the bell and he was up high and I was about middle of the Track, so I did a quick (well don't laugh, it was quick for my level of fitness) dive down and kicked and took off and just drove it all the way to the line and got that heat. Then when he caught up to me he said.........You rode that quicker than your qualifying ride. He may have been right but it was strange how from the jump, everything felt good, so on the very last ride, I finally aligned the stars for a half decent ride. :|

Foo
Goal 6000km