Korea

Testing386

Korea

Postby Testing386 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:54 am

We are heading back to Korea next month.
For those that have not considered Korea, check out the Seoul to Busan; and the Four Rivers courses.

https://www.bike.go.kr/local?localSelect=1

There is a very good Facebook group established by an American expat with loads of information - Seoul to Busan and Beyond (SBB)

There are new cycle courses being added continuously.

I would not recommend July - Sep. I had a miserable time last year with the typhoons and extreme humidity. I personally hate humidity. Give me temperature extremes - just not humidity.

I've met loads of tourists doing the course as they pass through the Ulsan region. If you see a rider on a white Cannondale Hooligan or a raw lacquer Brompton, wave - it may be me!

Bjbiker

Re: Korea

Postby Bjbiker » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:52 pm

What route are you taking this time ? ,and where have you riden there before ?
When's the best time to ride there do you think ,have a good one .

greg hill

Postby greg hill » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:38 am

Good tip about South Korea weather wise. I was considering May or June. I may adjust my times. I had read a bit about the Four Rivers Route. Arguably one of the finest in the world. A dedicated cycle path the length of the country. What a dream construction. Greg

Testing386

Postby Testing386 » Sun May 24, 2020 10:38 pm

Social distancing has finally been relaxed but care still needs to be taken.
I've been clocking up time spinning my wheels on rollers.
Outings have been around Ulsan. I'm restricting rides to weekdays to avoid the weekend "crowds".
The weather to date has been perfect. I'd expect it to stay comfortable until July as per last year.

baabaa

Postby baabaa » Mon May 25, 2020 1:16 pm

Oh, I really like Ulsan!
Both the coast and the parks are a great place to just be in and around. By comfortable, you mean the rains? I though they may have started now or is that more June/July than May/June?
I think Korea and Viet Nam have really shown the world how to act as a community and yes that includes social distancing.
Is Busan back up to full speed yet? Is the Seoul to Busan bike path getting many foreign bike tourists?

Testing386

Postby Testing386 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:55 am

^baabaa
By comfortable I refer to the humidity. I have an unfortunately intense intolerance to humidity. :P This week has seen temperatures in the high 20s. Thankfully the humidity has not followed but it is only a matter of time. :cry: