Point cook to Werribee Mansion bike route

Kark7

Point cook to Werribee Mansion bike route

Postby Kark7 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:35 pm

Hi there

First time poster in this forum.

Wondering if anyone has travelled from Point Cook to the Werribee Mansion recently via the Werribee river trail? Is there a road bike path to get under the Princess Freeway as the current track looks quite rocky and I’m a bit weary of going down that way. The only alternate route I can see is via K road, I’m fairly new to biking and I’m trying to avoid busy roads if I can.

Thanks
Kar

malnar

Re: Point cook to Werribee Mansion bike route

Postby malnar » Tue May 04, 2021 12:41 pm

Welcome to the forum & sorry about the very late reply. I haven't been to the underpass under the freeway for several months so I assume it's still rocky. I simply walk my road bike on that bit. It's only 30m or so. You can ride the rest of the way to the mansion, though the path becomes dirt once you go down the ramp that leads to the lower ground near the river. The section adjacent to the golf course might get muddy after rain. I think you're not supposed to ride in the mansion grounds but I go slow and have never been challenged.

Yes, K road is the other option which I've ridden a few times & have no concerns. It gets busy when there's festivals on at the mansion. I ride early, before the zoo & equestrian etc traffic arrives.

Kark7

Re: Point cook to Werribee Mansion bike route

Postby Kark7 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:29 pm

malnar wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 12:41 pm
Welcome to the forum & sorry about the very late reply. I haven't been to the underpass under the freeway for several months so I assume it's still rocky. I simply walk my road bike on that bit. It's only 30m or so. You can ride the rest of the way to the mansion, though the path becomes dirt once you go down the ramp that leads to the lower ground near the river. The section adjacent to the golf course might get muddy after rain. I think you're not supposed to ride in the mansion grounds but I go slow and have never been challenged.

Yes, K road is the other option which I've ridden a few times & have no concerns. It gets busy when there's festivals on at the mansion. I ride early, before the zoo & equestrian etc traffic arrives.
Thanks malnar. Doing some exploring and there was actually a bridge to get around the freeway, instead of the rocky underpass which was quite useful.