Garmin 520 setup

celeste boy

Garmin 520 setup

Postby celeste boy » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:22 pm

I have a friend with a 520 and he wants to set it up to have 1 page mtb and another page e bike. That way he won't win anymore Strava Crowns!
Ive tried to help but hasn't worked for me.
Anyone to help please?
Cb

queequeg

Re: Garmin 520 setup

Postby queequeg » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:41 pm

celeste boy wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:22 pm
I have a friend with a 520 and he wants to set it up to have 1 page mtb and another page e bike. That way he won't win anymore Strava Crowns!
Ive tried to help but hasn't worked for me.
Anyone to help please?
Cb
Create two separate Activity Profiles, and allocate the "Default Ride Type" for each activity.

Each Activity Profile can have totally different Data Screens that are relevant to that Activity.

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp ... 70BE1.html

I am not sure if this will Sync correctly with Strava though. I know it used to be the case that regardless of what you selected in your Garmin head unit when Garmin Connect syncs to Strava, everything goes across as a Ride, and you need to change it in Strava to E-Bike Ride from the Drop-Down one it syncs. The only way to avoid false KOMs would be to have Privacy in Strava set to "Only Me" by default, then after changing the Ride Type, making the Activity Public. It will then correctly process the data under the correct ride type.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

celeste boy

Re: Garmin 520 setup

Postby celeste boy » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:44 pm

Thanks queequeg

Complicated, but Ill give it a go.

Cb