Neo Pro Bibs

foo on patrol

Neo Pro Bibs

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:41 am

Took delivery of a pair of Neo Pro bibs yesterday and trialed them this morning.

Straps are very narrow, padding is..........just passable for what they say but the sizing chart is way out of wack. I got XXXL seeing as their chart said if you're at the top end of the size go to the next one and that's what I did but these XXX felt more like XX in other brands that were on the understated sizing chart. :shock:

So be careful, these are very much in the realm of a small Chinese size outfit. :idea:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

warthog1

Re: Neo Pro Bibs

Postby warthog1 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:06 am

Mine aren't even on the way yet, were out of stock.
I ordered M, so we will see.
I have Chinese bibs (souke) that are L. Should have got M.
UK bibs need to be M for me.
Italian are an L.
Bib sizing is all over the place.
I would prefer tight than loose though.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:11 pm

warthog1 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:06 am
Mine aren't even on the way yet, were out of stock.
I ordered M, so we will see.
I have Chinese bibs (souke) that are L. Should have got M.
UK bibs need to be M for me.
Italian are an L.
Bib sizing is all over the place.
I would prefer tight than loose though.

I don't like loose neither but there's tight and then there's tight. These are at the maximum tightness for comfort on me. :shock:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:36 pm

Hmmmm, interesting.

May have to revisit my order then.

Thanks

nathg

Postby nathg » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:35 pm

I’ve been wearing neopro now for a few years. Have 3 pairs of bibs, just bought another pair in the Black Friday sale (delivered a week earlier than expected).

Having only worn Chinese/eBay bibs besides a pair of Endura (which were never a great fit) the Neopro ones are far superior. I generally ride once a week, anywhere between 40-100km a ride with the occasional brick session aswell.

For me, the chamois is fantastic for the price, struggle to understand how a pair double or triple the price would be so much better? Fit is bang on, same as the jerseys. When I first purchased I reached out to them via email to confirm size using the size guide, they were helpful and jerseys and bibs arrived spot on.

Makes me think though, maybe the quality has dropped since they’re popularity has exploded in the last 12 months? New bibs still have the tags on them, but they look identical to the ones I bought a while ago.

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:19 pm

nathg wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:35 pm
I’ve been wearing neopro now for a few years. Have 3 pairs of bibs, just bought another pair in the Black Friday sale (delivered a week earlier than expected).

Having only worn Chinese/eBay bibs besides a pair of Endura (which were never a great fit) the Neopro ones are far superior. I generally ride once a week, anywhere between 40-100km a ride with the occasional brick session aswell.

For me, the chamois is fantastic for the price, struggle to understand how a pair double or triple the price would be so much better? Fit is bang on, same as the jerseys. When I first purchased I reached out to them via email to confirm size using the size guide, they were helpful and jerseys and bibs arrived spot on.

Makes me think though, maybe the quality has dropped since they’re popularity has exploded in the last 12 months? New bibs still have the tags on them, but they look identical to the ones I bought a while ago.
What height and weight are you Nath, and what size do you run in them?

nathg

Postby nathg » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:58 pm

177ish cm, 70kg. I wear small bibs, small jerseys and small Tri suit. All a perfect fit. I do have one of their winter jackets, great fit in the body but the arms are a bit loose on me, more so due to my lack of muscle!

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:51 pm

nathg wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:58 pm
177ish cm, 70kg. I wear small bibs, small jerseys and small Tri suit. All a perfect fit. I do have one of their winter jackets, great fit in the body but the arms are a bit loose on me, more so due to my lack of muscle!
184cm and 76kg here.
I am happy with M based on that.

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:26 pm

Was looking for some reviews of their bibs after I read somebody saying they were "possibly the worst" bibs they'd worn.
Found a few more favourable ones, including a poster who will wear them for 5+ hr rides.
Anyway found this thread again.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=103582&start=25
Apparently they were "a scratching for me".
Oh well, I've only ordered one pair.
It appears they are a race fit.
May not be the go for larger builds.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:37 pm

I ordered a couple of pairs of bibs and jerseys to try as part of their sale. For less than the cost of one pair of the knicks I usually buy ($250 ones), i am getting two Neopro knick’s and two Jerseys.

They are due in a couple of weeks. i’m doing this as an impartial practical experiment as I ride big km (a 200km ride for me is considered routine and not worth training for). i am putting my backside on the line to see how a $99RRP pair knicks stacks up ($63 on sale!). Some people swear by them. i am also a skeptic because the main cost in the knicks I ride is the chamois. I have never worn out the chamois on my knicks. the lycra always fails long before the chamois, so i end up with a steady supply of indoor trainer knicks.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:53 pm

Based on the sizing comments, I cancelled my order, as I think I got the wrong size, and in the end it was a bit of a blood-rush order anyway.

Order was cancelled and money refunded no probs, so great service from that aspect.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:08 pm

queequeg wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:37 pm
I ordered a couple of pairs of bibs and jerseys to try as part of their sale. For less than the cost of one pair of the knicks I usually buy ($250 ones), i am getting two Neopro knick’s and two Jerseys.

They are due in a couple of weeks. i’m doing this as an impartial practical experiment as I ride big km (a 200km ride for me is considered routine and not worth training for). i am putting my backside on the line to see how a $99RRP pair knicks stacks up ($63 on sale!). Some people swear by them. i am also a skeptic because the main cost in the knicks I ride is the chamois. I have never worn out the chamois on my knicks. the lycra always fails long before the chamois, so i end up with a steady supply of indoor trainer knicks.

Can't say that I'd like to use them for that big a ride. :shock: I'd be pre paired for some discomfort, over 70klms I think. :idea:

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:10 pm

warthog1 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:26 pm
Was looking for some reviews of their bibs after I read somebody saying they were "possibly the worst" bibs they'd worn.
Found a few more favourable ones, including a poster who will wear them for 5+ hr rides.
https://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/view ... 2&start=25

They have great leg grippers, so they won't slide up ya legs but the sizing is just wrong and I thought Castelli were bad for the sizing. :shock:

Foo
Goal 6000km

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:00 pm

foo on patrol wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:10 pm
warthog1 wrote:

They have great leg grippers, so they won't slide up ya legs but the sizing is just wrong and I thought Castelli were bad for the sizing. :shock:

Foo
I read some similar sized to me (184cm,76kg) who went for medium and it worked.
I'll post up how they go size wise.
Not too worried about chamois. I can do 3 or 4 hrs in most bibs.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:36 am

warthog1 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:00 pm
foo on patrol wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:10 pm
warthog1 wrote:

Foo

That was my race weight as a pup. :shock: I never take any notice of the height, I look at the waist and chest measurements when buying bibs a jerseys. My chest is still close to what it was but my arse and gut are bigger. :oops: :lol:

Foo
Goal 6000km

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:17 pm

foo on patrol wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:08 pm
queequeg wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:37 pm

Can't say that I'd like to use them for that big a ride. :shock: I'd be pre paired for some discomfort, over 70klms I think. :idea:

Foo
They couldn't be any worse than Champion System kit, but I won't be giving them a trial run on a 200km ride until they have passed some smaller rides first.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:15 pm

foo on patrol wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:36 am

That was my race weight as a pup. :shock: I never take any notice of the height, I look at the waist and chest measurements when buying bibs a jerseys. My chest is still close to what it was but my arse and gut are bigger. :oops: :lol:

Foo
Yeah different body types.
I was always a wiry sort of rake as a young fella.
Being stuck in a bloody truck for that many hours a week wouldn't be helping ya either I guess.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:46 pm

warthog1 wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:15 pm
foo on patrol wrote:

Foo
Yeah different body types.
I was always a wiry sort of rake as a young fella.
Being stuck in a bloody truck for that many hours a week wouldn't be helping ya either I guess.

I can assure you, that it doesn't. :( I was also of slight build but my intake of food didn't change when I stopped racing and that started the problem over the next 34yrs. :wink:

Foo
Goal 6000km

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:40 pm

foo on patrol wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:46 pm

I can assure you, that it doesn't. :( I was also of slight build but my intake of food didn't change when I stopped racing and that started the problem over the next 34yrs. :wink:

Foo
Well mate, you are closer to retirement and the miles on the bike will go up 8)

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:22 pm

warthog1 wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:40 pm
foo on patrol wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:46 pm

Foo
Well mate, you are closer to retirement and the miles on the bike will go up 8)

Chit yeah and some good news to boot tonight. Have a look over in the health thread :mrgreen:

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:01 am

I left a review on the Neo Pro bibs, so we'll see if it is published. :? I wasn't going to but they decided to annoy me with an email want a review, so I did. :wink:

Foo
Goal 6000km

nickobec

Postby nickobec » Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:05 pm

foo on patrol wrote:
I never take any notice of the height, I look at the waist and chest measurements when buying bibs a jerseys.
That is my trick and usually works.

Except the time I bought a pair of Search and State bibs, went by waist size, did not look at height. I am 184cm tall, the sizing charts says the bibs are for somebody 160 to 170cm. The shoulder straps are tight and the shorts are very short, they show 5cm of skin above my tan line.
warthog1 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:00 pm
I am 184cm tall, when I got my M pair I was over 85kg, the fit was good, could not of fitted the S.
The next 9 months or so used them in rotation as I slowly dropped weight. When I got to 80kg, I stopped using them as they were now a loose fit, no compression, just uncomfortable to wear. I don't think I lost any muscle, I was still using the other bibs in rotation. So either weight loss and/or stretching. Currently 75kg so not using them now.

Chamois wise, fine as long as I am onb the tip of the saddle, ie in the drops or aero position. Move back in the saddle to climb or on recovery ride a real PITA.

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:51 pm

nickobec wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:05 pm

I am 184cm tall, when I got my M pair I was over 85kg, the fit was good, could not of fitted the S.
The next 9 months or so used them in rotation as I slowly dropped weight. When I got to 80kg, I stopped using them as they were now a loose fit, no compression, just uncomfortable to wear. I don't think I lost any muscle, I was still using the other bibs in rotation. So either weight loss and/or stretching. Currently 75kg so not using them now.

Chamois wise, fine as long as I am onb the tip of the saddle, ie in the drops or aero position. Move back in the saddle to climb or on recovery ride a real PITA.
Floating around at 75-79 kg.
I'll see how they go. Only ordered one pair so no biggie.

vbplease

Postby vbplease » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:47 am

nathg wrote:
Wow, i find it interesting how not only the comfort of the chamois/fabric etc can be perceived differently, but also the sizing.. I'm a similar build to yourself (slightly skinnier), at 180cm and 65kg, but I wear the Medium bibs.. and I still find them tight around the waist. Their size guide suggests someone up to 81kg could fit into M.. that's ridiculous.

It looks like their pricing has gone up to $95 for the bibs now. Considering Pedal Mafia consistently have entry level bibs on special for $99, don't think I'd buy Neopro again.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:03 pm

vbplease wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:47 am
nathg wrote:
Wow, i find it interesting how not only the comfort of the chamois/fabric etc can be perceived differently, but also the sizing.. I'm a similar build to yourself (slightly skinnier), at 180cm and 65kg, but I wear the Medium bibs.. and I still find them tight around the waist. Their size guide suggests someone up to 81kg could fit into M.. that's ridiculous.

It looks like their pricing has gone up to $95 for the bibs now. Considering Pedal Mafia consistently have entry level bibs on special for $99, don't think I'd buy Neopro again.
'
I'm still waiting for my Black Friday order, as the have been help up due to lack of flights etc. I am curious to see how they go, but for $63 or whatever it was I paid in the sale, even of they are awful it is not a huge loss. I had to take a punt on the sizing and went with the Large. It is always the height and chest that gets me. The only time I have ever been a medium is with Scody and their relaxed fit jerseys, which is what Audax Australia uses as their supplier. In general I dislike Scody kit as the cut just doesn't suit me.
As for Pedal Mafia, the cheapest Knicks I see on their site are $159 on special. What bibs do they sell for $99?