Neo Pro Bibs

vbplease

Re: Neo Pro Bibs

Postby vbplease » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:55 am

queequeg wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:03 pm
As for Pedal Mafia, the cheapest Knicks I see on their site are $159 on special. What bibs do they sell for $99?
under the mens section of the menu there should be a "clearance" tab. they have the euro bibs for $99.. sorry just checked they don't have many sizes left now.. but there are other euro bibs for $119 with a few more size options.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:20 pm

vbplease wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:55 am
queequeg wrote:
As for Pedal Mafia, the cheapest Knicks I see on their site are $159 on special. What bibs do they sell for $99?
under the mens section of the menu there should be a "clearance" tab. they have the euro bibs for $99.. sorry just checked they don't have many sizes left now.. but there are other euro bibs for $119 with a few more size options.
Cheers. Sadly, as I am one of the most popular sizes, I'd have to be quick to pick up anything on Clearance.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

cyclingnolycra

Postby cyclingnolycra » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:56 pm

queequeg wrote:

When they have their sales, some of those tech bibs go for $99 (the ones that are already discounted now are further discounted.)
Definitely a huge step up in quality compared to neopro.
I tried a pedal mafia pro bib when it was on sale ($160 I think) and it is awesome, the most comfortable bib I've ever worn. But is it worth 50% more than the tech bib when on sale? only you can decide.

IMO if a bib is not that comfortable on a decent length ride (~50km or more), then what's the point - because on short rides you don't really need a bib in the first place.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:31 pm

cyclingnolycra wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:56 pm
queequeg wrote:

When they have their sales, some of those tech bibs go for $99 (the ones that are already discounted now are further discounted.)
Definitely a huge step up in quality compared to neopro.
I tried a pedal mafia pro bib when it was on sale ($160 I think) and it is awesome, the most comfortable bib I've ever worn. But is it worth 50% more than the tech bib when on sale? only you can decide.

IMO if a bib is not that comfortable on a decent length ride (~50km or more), then what's the point - because on short rides you don't really need a bib in the first place.
My current go to knicks are the Prism.bike Very Plain Black/Navy knicks
https://www.prism.bike/collections/very ... ack-knicks

They are essentially the Pedal Mafia knicks with the top of the line chamois in them. I do a lot of 200km+ as an Audax Rider, and there are not too many knicks I can wear on such long 1 day rides (400km in a day).
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:06 pm

queequeg wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:31 pm

They are essentially the Pedal Mafia knicks with the top of the line chamois in them. I do a lot of 200km+ as an Audax Rider, and there are not too many knicks I can wear on such long 1 day rides (400km in a day).
So, what is the difference in the chamois between the Pedal Mafia and the Prism ?

There is minimal details on the website to explain what their chamois actually is and what it looks like ???

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:39 pm

MichaelB wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:06 pm
queequeg wrote:

So, what is the difference in the chamois between the Pedal Mafia and the Prism ?

There is minimal details on the website to explain what their chamois actually is and what it looks like ???
The Prism Knicks I have here use the Multi-D Anatomic 2 Chamois. i’d post a photo but I don’t have anywhere to host the image, but here’s a link to the actual chamois

https://www.elasticinterface.com/cyclin ... mic-2-men/

I should add, prism does a cheaper version with a lower specced chamois as well (a spring classics version as opposed to the grand tour ones i use)

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:43 pm

queequeg wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:39 pm
MichaelB wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:06 pm
queequeg wrote:

The Prism Knicks I have here use the Multi-D Anatomic 2 Chamois. i’d post a photo but I don’t have anywhere to host the image, but here’s a link to the actual chamois

https://www.elasticinterface.com/cyclin ... mic-2-men/

I should add, prism does a cheaper version with a lower specced chamois as well (a spring classics version as opposed to the grand tour ones i use)
Cheers. I find it surprising that when people are asking top dollar, the info provided is minimal if not useless.

RonK

Postby RonK » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:30 pm

Has anyone heard from Neo Pro recently?

My order placed before Xmas still has not been sent, and they have not responded to my email.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

Retrobyte

Postby Retrobyte » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:39 pm

RonK wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:30 pm

My order placed before Xmas still has not been sent, and they have not responded to my email.
I ordered two jerseys last week, and they are with Toll for delivery at the moment.

RonK

Postby RonK » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:46 pm

Retrobyte wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:39 pm
RonK wrote:

I ordered two jerseys last week, and they are with Toll for delivery at the moment.
Ah, well at least they haven't closed down.

Not impressed. Ordered a jersey during their December sale, only for it to be put on backorder (sale items on backorder? Say What?).
Received a couple of apologies and promise of a free pair of socks, but that was weeks ago and all has gone quiet.
I doubt I'll be having any further dealings with them.

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:20 pm

RonK wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:46 pm
Retrobyte wrote:
RonK wrote:

Not impressed. Ordered a jersey during their December sale, only for it to be put on backorder (sale items on backorder? Say What?).
Received a couple of apologies and promise of a free pair of socks, but that was weeks ago and all has gone quiet.
Ditto. Ordered 19/11/21.
Out of stock.
Not on the way yet afaik.

Got this email 25/01/22

Our BFCM back order stock has arrived

We received 15,000 orders so your order likely won't be sent immediately so keep an eye on your emails for your fulfilment confirmation coming from neopro@neoprocycling.com

Thanks for your patience, we love you all so much.

I guess Covid may have stuffed up supply somewhat and that is a few orders.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:08 am

RonK wrote:

Still waiting for my Black Friday/Cyber Monday order. There was a second video update mail sent on Jan 25th

https://vimeo.com/669698081?_kx=50abc3Z ... q3A.LQRNjX

If it is to believed, the stock finally landed in Australia and they have 15,000 orders to dispatch after they unpack all the boxes. There’s a slim chance this might happen while it’s still warm enough to wear summer kit. I am yet to receive an email saying it’s shipped, and I have no idea how many staff they have doing order fulfilment, so it could well take them a month to get through the backlog.

RonK

Postby RonK » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:56 pm

warthog1 wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:20 pm
RonK wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:46 pm
Retrobyte wrote:

Ditto. Ordered 19/11/21.
Out of stock.
Not on the way yet afaik.

Got this email 25/01/22

Our BFCM back order stock has arrived

We received 15,000 orders so your order likely won't be sent immediately so keep an eye on your emails for your fulfilment confirmation coming from neopro@neoprocycling.com

Thanks for your patience, we love you all so much.

I guess Covid may have stuffed up supply somewhat and that is a few orders.
I must have walked over a grave. A reply arrived minutes after I made the post.

They say they now have the goods, and they've sent out an update email, but it will take time to ship.

I did not receive any update, and no NeoPro it's not in my spam folder.

Beats me how they have a sale of goods they don't have in stock. So really it a sham sale, and the sale price is not really a genuine reduction.

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:02 pm

RonK wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:56 pm

Beats me how they have a sale of goods they don't have in stock. So really it a sham sale, and the sale price is not really a genuine reduction.
Yes, there are 15k orders to fill from lack of stock apparently. :o
Something is clearly amiss.
Will have to be bloody good value for me to bother again.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:10 pm

RonK wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:56 pm

I must have walked over a grave. A reply arrived minutes after I made the post.

They say they now have the goods, and they've sent out an update email, but it will take time to ship.

I did not receive any update, and no NeoPro it's not in my spam folder.

They were fairly transparent about the Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale, which did offer the kit at a significant discount to the regular pricing. They were quite clear that these orders were not in stock and were effectively made to order (they offered pretty much every jersey design during the sale), but they got caught out with the Omicron wave stuffing up global production and shipping. There was a video update before Christmas saying that orders were delayed due to not being able to get the boxes onto a plane in time for delivery, so they were doing personalised video messages for anyone who had bought kit for someone as a present and wanted to at least give them something.

However, with 15,000 orders, unless they bring in a large number of casual workers for packing, it's going to take them a few weeks to get through them all.

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:03 pm

queequeg wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:10 pm

They were fairly transparent about the Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale, which did offer the kit at a significant discount to the regular pricing. They were quite clear that these orders were not in stock and were effectively made to order (they offered pretty much every jersey design during the sale), but they got caught out with the Omicron wave stuffing up global production and shipping. There was a video update before Christmas saying that orders were delayed due to not being able to get the boxes onto a plane in time for delivery, so they were doing personalised video messages for anyone who had bought kit for someone as a present and wanted to at least give them something.

However, with 15,000 orders, unless they bring in a large number of casual workers for packing, it's going to take them a few weeks to get through them all.
Thanks.
Well that is a bit clearer than what I posted.

I don't really recall what was advised at the time of purchase.
I've been a bit unfair it appears :oops:

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:28 am

Whilst NeoPro cancelled my oprder and refunded the money when asked without issue, it was realising after the order that in fact the items weren't in stock that made me nervous.

We've seen more and more retailers/sellers go to the wall (Bowman a recent one) that fail due to some issues outside of their control, and this has made me nervous about ordering stuff that isn't in stock or experiences massive delays in supplying.

It must be really challenging for suppliers across the board these days and I feel for them.

RonK

Postby RonK » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:32 am

queequeg wrote:
They were quite clear that these orders were not in stock and were effectively made to order (they offered pretty much every jersey design during the sale), but they got caught out with the Omicron wave stuffing up global production and shipping.
Not so - I was not made aware that the item would be backordered until after I had placed the order and paid.

Had I been aware that the item was not in stock I wouldn't have placed the order for was was meant to be an Xmas present.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:19 pm

RonK wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:32 am
queequeg wrote:
They were quite clear that these orders were not in stock and were effectively made to order (they offered pretty much every jersey design during the sale), but they got caught out with the Omicron wave stuffing up global production and shipping.
Not so - I was not made aware that the item would be backordered until after I had placed the order and paid.

Had I been aware that the item was not in stock I wouldn't have placed the order for was was meant to be an Xmas present.
On the order page for each item, it clearly stated if it was a back order. At least it did for the four items I ordered, with all of them being back ordered. If you selected anything that was in stock in combination with back orders, it would give you a warning that in stock items would be held until everything was available, and if you needed it sooner you should place it as a separate order.

Did you get your personal video message for Christmas? They were doing that for anyone who wanted to at least give the recipient something for Christmas Day.

I understand the frustration people are having. You should try getting Shimano replacement parts for your bike when there is no stock and no ETA on when there might be stock!

RonK

Postby RonK » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:22 pm

queequeg wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:19 pm
RonK wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:32 am
queequeg wrote:

On the order page for each item, it clearly stated if it was a back order. At least it did for the four items I ordered, with all of them being back ordered. If you selected anything that was in stock in combination with back orders, it would give you a warning that in stock items would be held until everything was available, and if you needed it sooner you should place it as a separate order.
I ordered a single item - as already stated I was NOT advised that the item was NOT in stock, and was NOT advised it would be backordered until after the order was placed.

Yes, I did order a separate XMAS gift - FROM ANOTHER VENDOR.

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:59 pm

And mine are on the way.
Just got an email :)

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:01 am

I got the "our backordered items have arrived" email 13 days ago. Just waiting for mine to arrive (bibs and jersey) but no urgent timeframe on my behalf.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

Mr Purple

Postby Mr Purple » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:21 pm

MichaelB wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:28 am
Whilst NeoPro cancelled my oprder and refunded the money when asked without issue, it was realising after the order that in fact the items weren't in stock that made me nervous.

We've seen more and more retailers/sellers go to the wall (Bowman a recent one) that fail due to some issues outside of their control, and this has made me nervous about ordering stuff that isn't in stock or experiences massive delays in supplying.

It must be really challenging for suppliers across the board these days and I feel for them.
I'm super sensitive about this (as well as being a Bowman owner!) because I actually lost about $600 worth of parts when a relatively major Chrysler parts business went bankrupt a few years back. Unless the manufacturer makes it very clear there will be a delay, I won't let any orders cross the credit card claim back period.

Have received the first part of my Neopro order, and I agree with Ron that there were some occasions where it wasn't obvious that particular product would be on backorder. Though think it was a simple website glitch rather than anything malevolent.

At least Neopro have been in regular contact, so I think we're all safe. Plus it's not exactly big dollar items. The Chrysler parts dealer in question was always blaming their staff/suppliers/couriers, probably because they hadn't been paying anyone for a good few months before finally going under.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:00 pm

Mr Purple wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:21 pm

I'm super sensitive about this (as well as being a Bowman owner!) because I actually lost about $600 worth of parts when a relatively major Chrysler parts business went bankrupt a few years back. Unless the manufacturer makes it very clear there will be a delay, I won't let any orders cross the credit card claim back period.

Have received the first part of my Neopro order, and I agree with Ron that there were some occasions where it wasn't obvious that particular product would be on backorder. Though think it was a simple website glitch rather than anything malevolent.

At least Neopro have been in regular contact, so I think we're all safe. Plus it's not exactly big dollar items. The Chrysler parts dealer in question was always blaming their staff/suppliers/couriers, probably because they hadn't been paying anyone for a good few months before finally going under.
I'm still waiting on mine. I guess I am towards the back of the queue. In any case, maybe it was just luck, but all the items I ordered were clearly labelled as "Backorder" on the website before I added them to my cart, and when I view my order online now, it is also showing they were clearly marked as backorder items. I supposed given they had 30 or so Jersey designs as part of the sale, they may have missed putting the note on some of them saying they were backorder items.

It's not a huge amount of money in the grand scheme of things. I am getting two jerseys and two pairs of knicks for less than what I would normally pay for just one pair of knicks, so even if they are rubbish I am not out of pocket by a massive amount.

In comparison, we just ordered some new doors and windows for our house to finish off some exterior renovations we have been doing, and that set us back $7500 and we have to wait approximately 15 weeks for them to arrive! (though at least it's only 50% payment before install). The door place said January was insane. They did $10 million worth of doors for the month and some customers were desperately trying to get delivery and install of custom doors in 2 weeks! Our new Security door went on last week, and that was ordered before Christmas and is made right here in Sydney. Everyone in the supply chain is having similar issues.

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:19 am

Got mine today. M is a good fit at 184cm 76kg.
Threw in a pair of socks too :)