Neo Pro Bibs

foo on patrol

Re: Neo Pro Bibs

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:46 pm

warthog1 wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:31 pm
foo on patrol wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:03 pm

I don't understand why all the brands don't have straps that are at least 75mm wide, that size sits much better over the shoulders. :?

Foo
Any strap works for me.
7.5cm is bloody wide. :?
The society ones are a bit wider than average.
4.5 hours in em today. Yeah the chamois is a bit better for my butt.

Can't remember which bibs I have that are wide but they are so much better than the piddling narrow straps and don't bunch together over the shoulder and try to cut ya collarbones in half. :wink:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:04 pm

Yeah never had that with any bib Foo.
It would suck
Society ones are 5cm wide.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

blizzard

Postby blizzard » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:10 am

I have had a pair of NeoPro bibs for a couple years and I have a couple jerseys also.

I like the cut of the bibs and the neoprene leg grippers, however I don't like chamois, kind of on the thin side. Of I am riding any further than 50km I would grab a different pair of bibs. I haven't had any issues with stitching coming undone etc.

For the price, I would rather pay $10-20 more for DHB Aeron bibs, the fabric is nicer and the Elastic Interface chamois is far superior. Also have a pair of Santini bibs on sale for $80 which are outstanding - their sale site is worth keeping an eye on if you need bibs.

As for the jerseys, I really like both. The cut fits me great and the material does well in the humid Brisbane weather. Also like the variety in designs.

Giddo

Postby Giddo » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:38 pm

Chamois ARE RUBBISH, with the customer service not to far behind. First pair ordered delivered promptly, nearly as quickly as the stitching coming away from the chamois after 3-4 rides. Put in a customer complaint which took a while for a reply. Once pictures and a few questions on how this could happen (we strongly stand by our products line of questioning), it was agreed I could exchange the affected bibs for a new pair. After posting the package back to QLD , weeks went by with no returned bibs, or communication from Neopro.
After requesting some sort of communication ( more than once) on the whereabouts of my new bibs, Neopro responded with the colour requested (Onyx) is being located in our warehouse ( Garage I imagine ), I'd say there was nothing in my size, in that colour.

As mentioned previously weeks had gone by, and, I'd had enough. I requested the Navy colour as a replacement and this was delivered to me the next week.

Anyways, the second pair had the SAME CHAMOIS STITCHING ISSUE as the first pair. I did not bother with trying to contact Neopro again.

vbplease

Postby vbplease » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:54 am

That's a shame to hear the quality control might be slipping.. personally I found the chamois fine.. once I sorted out my saddle height (which stopped saddle sores), I could probably use any bibs up to 4hrs, except the total rubbish, knock off bibs.

They've got some new colour ways out this morning including chocolate, gold and purple..
I'd be tempted to get the chocolate to mix up the kit a bit, but have too much kit already :lol:

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:34 am

vbplease wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:54 am
That's a shame to hear the quality control might be slipping.. personally I found the chamois fine.. once I sorted out my saddle height (which stopped saddle sores), I could probably use any bibs up to 4hrs, except the total rubbish, knock off bibs.

They've got some new colour ways out this morning including chocolate, gold and purple..
I'd be tempted to get the chocolate to mix up the kit a bit, but have too much kit already :lol:
Yeah not super fussy on chamois either.
Stitching has been fine on mine thus far.
They are pretty new so QC seems ok to me.

Ditto :oops: :)
Dogs are the best people :wink: