Fitness tracker

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
Tim

Re: Fitness tracker

Postby Tim » Mon May 02, 2022 7:20 am

DarkRider wrote: I was reading something yesterday about the Garmin software being buggy and very slow with fixes. Does that effect anyone?
I've had four Garmin Edge devices (800, 810, 520 and 130).
All work perfectly now.
From my experience Garmin software problems arise with the release of a new product and can take up to 12 months to resolve as users unearth the bugs and Garmin slowly resolve them.
Of my devices only the 520 was a recent product release at the time. It had multiple operating/software issues that took quite some time to fix with updated software editions.
My other devices worked properly from day 1 and the 520 has been working well for years now. Excellent hardware. The 800 is 11 years old and other than a fading battery it works as well as the day I bought it.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fitness tracker

Postby AUbicycles » Fri May 20, 2022 2:57 pm

From the thread, a watch is the likely starting point …. and I would look at the lower end models in Garmin or Coros.

They all come with a range of tracking / monitoring / summary options.

Garmins have an advantage with the connect-iq tgat lets you load lots of other apps onto it (of varying quality / value). Coros are simple, all inclusive, good battery life.

The watches can be used which cycling but are not useful for viewing data while riding… but if you don’t required that you can record the ride / activity and get it to strava.

In this context, strava free don’t offer much and the paid has a bit more data but really is about conparingbto yourself and others and being happy receiving little icons… a fairly simplistic (but still motivational) way to trackz
Cycling is in my BNA