MichaelB

Re: Giro 2022 !!

Postby MichaelB » Mon May 30, 2022 7:47 pm

Mr Purple wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 12:44 pm
Amazing effort.

Some interesting data from the day before here:

https://lanternerouge.com.au/2022/05/28 ... -from-90s/

6.51W/kg for 18:50 with a VAM of 1877 to drop Carapaz. That's amazing at any stage, let alone at the end of a tour.
WOW again.

That was a stonking ride, especially the help from “Lenny”

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Mon May 30, 2022 8:28 pm

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon May 30, 2022 10:08 pm

The Giro win by Jai ranks just, and I mean just behind Cadel’s TdF win.

The fact that they both got to the top step with masterful climbing displays on the key stage, Cadel on the Galibier and Jai on the Fedaia just makes them both spectacular and rate as unforgettable moments that I watched in real time.

I look fwd to many more great rides by Jai !

Drink up Jai, you deserve it !!!

vosadrian

Postby vosadrian » Tue May 31, 2022 11:33 am

Huge congrats to Jai. He was the one I was going for the whole Giro. At the beginning when he won his stage but looked like he was struggling compared to Carapaz, I was hoping he was coming into peak form and Carapaz had peaked early. Then Jai just got quietly better. Being there when he needed to be but saving the form for the end by not going any deeper than he needed while Carapaz kept burning the matches. Thanksfully it seemed to pay off with Carapaz collapsing at the crucial moment when Jai hit peak form. Rarely do we someone wiin the Giro by attacking from early in the race and there have been several monumental collapses when they habe tried (Simon Yates??). Great maturity and patience shown by Jai and team BH.

I agree.... an epic achievement for Jai and all fans of cycling in Australia right up there with Cadel at the TDF. Hopefully we can see more from him in future! Anyone know his plans for the rest of the season? Vuelta?

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:54 pm

vosadrian wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 11:33 am

I agree.... an epic achievement for Jai and all fans of cycling in Australia right up there with Cadel at the TDF. Hopefully we can see more from him in future! Anyone know his plans for the rest of the season? Vuelta?
https://www.velonews.com/news/road/jai- ... ow-jersey/
Recently crowned Giro d'Italia champ confirms he will race Vuelta a España

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:01 pm

^^great to see! :D
He will be well watched by the other teams.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

vosadrian

Postby vosadrian » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:15 am

Just a quick response on my use of GCN on the Apple TV. It works, but it is signicantly compromised. It may be me, but I could not work out how to navigate through a stage replay except in 5 second increments which is useless for fastforwarding through 5 hours of video (I tried pressing 5 second increments for about 5 minutes to get half way through a stage and my finger hurt!!). It plays beautifully, and does not depend on your phone for air play, but without the navigation being usable, it is not my first choice. I ended up a couple of time reverting to playing on my phone and screen sharing to the Apple TV just to get to the last 10k of a stage. It was perfect for watching the highlights packages where you don't need to navigated through the video though. GCN have got something that could work really well, but it needs a lot of work to get there.