Rain Jacket Recommendations

Retrobyte

Re: Rain Jacket Recommendations

Postby Retrobyte » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:38 pm

Retrobyte wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 8:29 am
I bit the bullet and ordered a Perfetto last night. Probikekit have 20% off at the moment. I was limited in colour choice and sizes because stocks seem low at most places. I've gone with 3XL based on chest measurement, fingers crossed the size chart is accurate
My Probikekit order arrived today after 3 weeks. The Perfetto *just* fits - zips up ok, but the shoulders are a little snug, with just a base layer underneath. It's almost as if Italian sizing is set up on the basis that Italians don't do anything at all in their life that builds any muscle above the waist. Granted, I'm not the typical cyclist build, but having a chest measurement larger than your waist is by no means unusual for a human being. I'll see how it feels on an actual ride in the rain one day before passing final judgement though.

For reference, my chest is 114cm and the size chart says a 3XL will fit 115cm. If they made a 4XL it would be just right for me.

Tim

Postby Tim » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:02 am

Retrobyte wrote: The Perfetto *just* fits - zips up ok, but the shoulders are a little snug, with just a base layer underneath.
I recall reading somewhere that the Perfetto cut is designed to be worn in a cycling posture ie. arms extended and torso leaning forward.
Mine feel tight if I'm standing upright or try reaching an arm back into one of the pockets. On the bike it's fine. It fits so well there's barely a crease in the fabric anywhere. A little like an aerodynamic wetsuit.

Retrobyte

Postby Retrobyte » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:44 am

Tim wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:02 am
Retrobyte wrote: The Perfetto *just* fits - zips up ok, but the shoulders are a little snug, with just a base layer underneath.
I recall reading somewhere that the Perfetto cut is designed to be worn in a cycling posture ie. arms extended and torso leaning forward.
Mine feel tight if I'm standing upright or try reaching an arm back into one of the pockets. On the bike it's fine. It fits so well there's barely a crease in the fabric anywhere. A little like an aerodynamic wetsuit.
You were right - I wore it this morning for the first time (because showers were forecast) with just a base layer and it was comfortable when riding. Got a little warm at 11C so had to unzip the vents. I think it will be perfect when the temperature is between say 5 and 10.