Budget MTB shoes

SteatoLegato

Budget MTB shoes

Postby SteatoLegato » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:00 am

Hi guys, this is for a casual rider on a budget, not for racers. I've been looking for a shoe to play well with platform pedals and ended up getting this https://www.bigw.com.au/product/slazeng ... 6136-black and have been using it for a month, including on trails out in Tathra.

Why is it good - well the velcro tabs mean then don't loosen up during the ride and laces dont' get caught in the chain, the fabric is durable and sturdy, stood up to a couple berm shaves and a couple offs without a problem. The rubber on the sole is quite firm and grips the screws on the pedals adequately and so far no rips. Also, because this is not your typical running / cross platform sneaker, the sole isn't wider than your foot - so you don't get that snagging on the crank you get with sneakers.
They are also more comfortable than most MTB shoes, adequately wide in the front.

Bad - not the most comfortable shoe to walk in - compared to a sneaker, due to reduced arch support and less cushioning. Velcro 2 tab might not have the adjustability most would prefer. Not available in half sizes. Size availability is bizarre - my size 9 shoe could not be located on BigW site, but I managed to randomly find in one of the stores, wasn't showing online - go figure.

Best - at $39 and occasionally on special for less, this is a quality shoe, from a quality brand that can help you get out and use your bike more often.

Hope this helps