Canyon MTB with auto-correcting steering

Mububban

Canyon MTB with auto-correcting steering

Postby Mububban » Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:15 pm

Canyon's new Spectral 29er dual sus MTB incorporates a self-straightening mechanism, to help keep the front wheel straight and stable through chunky terrain. It can be adjusted to varying degrees of assistance:

https://www.canyon.com/en-au/mountain-b ... it-stable/

The website has animations to show the internal gubbins.
K.I.S. (Keep It Stable) actively works to bring the bars back to centre. This centring force filters out unwanted inputs from the trail or rider, boosting control and precision.

K.I.S. actively filters out front wheel deflections so you can charge through rock gardens and take on slippery off cambers with confidence.
The uniquely shaped cam ring and pretensioned springs provide a virtually frictionless centring force that stays consistent and predictable across the full steering range.

Safely located inside the frame, the corrosion resistant custom springs, hardware and ultra-strong synthetic fibre bands ensure this system is completely maintenance free.
I'll be interested to see if it's the sort of thing that riders love, and it trickles down, or is just another "good idea" that never catches on.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!