Clothing repairs Brisbane

vbplease

Clothing repairs Brisbane

Postby vbplease » Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:15 pm

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had success with a clothing alteration shop in brisbane for patching a hole in a pair of bibs?

Following my previous crash the local alteration lady (who had a 5.0 star google review) refused to sew in a new piece of lycra, instead joined the sides of the hole, which looks atrocious..

Happy to go north/south of the river. Cheers

elantra

Re: Clothing repairs Brisbane

Postby elantra » Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:48 am

No specific knowledge to help you but…

https://karensalterations.com.au/

Might be worth a call, located in Hendra so perhaps Karen has experience in repairing Jockeys garments after mishaps with horses, falls etc.

Actually one of the blokes that I ride with sometimes (Tweed Valley) had a slide on gravel recently. His Jersey was torn and I thought it would go in the bin.
Next time I rode with him he was wearing it again- his elderly mother had done a superb job of patching it. Looked better than new.

vbplease

Re: Clothing repairs Brisbane

Postby vbplease » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:33 am

elantra wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:48 am
No specific knowledge to help you but…

https://karensalterations.com.au/

Might be worth a call, located in Hendra so perhaps Karen has experience in repairing Jockeys garments after mishaps with horses, falls etc.

Actually one of the blokes that I ride with sometimes (Tweed Valley) had a slide on gravel recently. His Jersey was torn and I thought it would go in the bin.
Next time I rode with him he was wearing it again- his elderly mother had done a superb job of patching it. Looked better than new.
Thanks for that, I will give them a go. Cheers