Current Status of M2 Westbound from Ryde

WileECoyote

Current Status of M2 Westbound from Ryde

Postby WileECoyote » Mon May 23, 2016 4:15 pm

Hi all,

I used to commute and grabbed a piece of the M2 until it all went pear shaped - that was years ago, I used to get on in an eastbound direction at the point where Browns Waterhole emerges from South Turramurra to Viemeria Road, Marsfield.

I now want to know what the latest information is on riding westbound from there to the M7 as I would like to be able to ride from home to an extended ride on the M7 cycleway.

The M2 website is not really very explicit about which sections are closed - and I am not sure how recently they have updated the FAQ etc... For example one map there shows the cycleway closed between Windsor Road and Pennant Hills Road Both ways but uses a colour indicating that the Eastbound route is only out "second half 20126": http://www.hillsm2.com.au/files/NCX_bikedetour.pdf

Anyway, so I'm just looking for anyone currently up to date with this route who can help me out with planning my sojourn.

Cheers,
Will

AndrewCowley

Re: Current Status of M2 Westbound from Ryde

Postby AndrewCowley » Mon May 23, 2016 9:17 pm

Westbound the M2 is closed to cyclists between Pennant Hills Road and Windsor Road.

Eastbound it's still open for now.

WileECoyote

Re: Current Status of M2 Westbound from Ryde

Postby WileECoyote » Tue May 24, 2016 6:34 am

Thank you Andrew; much appreciated.
Will