Evans Cycles

Daus

Evans Cycles

Postby Daus » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:47 pm

Received this email today
EVANS CYCLES SERVICE UPDATE ​​​​​​

With the Australian tax law policy changing on July 1st, 2018, we will no longer be able to meet our current pricing and level of service.
It is therefore with regret that we will stop shipping to Australia from June 14th, 2018.

WHAT HAPPENS TO CURRENT ORDERS?
Any orders that were placed before June 14th will be sent if the goods are in stock. The same applies to any outstanding backorders. Should this deadline not be met, we reserve the right to contact you to arrange a refund.

We will cease to send you marketing emails, however, you will receive transactional emails until any outstanding orders are completed.

Thank you for your choosing Evans Cycles in the past, we hope to be able to reverse this position at some point in the future.

A victim of the Gerry Harvey tax- Australians are disadvantaged in that our choices are becoming limited. So much for the level playing field.

g-boaf

Re: Evans Cycles

Postby g-boaf » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:38 pm

Daus wrote:Received this email today
EVANS CYCLES SERVICE UPDATE ​​​​​​

With the Australian tax law policy changing on July 1st, 2018, we will no longer be able to meet our current pricing and level of service.
It is therefore with regret that we will stop shipping to Australia from June 14th, 2018.

WHAT HAPPENS TO CURRENT ORDERS?
Any orders that were placed before June 14th will be sent if the goods are in stock. The same applies to any outstanding backorders. Should this deadline not be met, we reserve the right to contact you to arrange a refund.

We will cease to send you marketing emails, however, you will receive transactional emails until any outstanding orders are completed.

Thank you for your choosing Evans Cycles in the past, we hope to be able to reverse this position at some point in the future.

A victim of the Gerry Harvey tax- Australians are disadvantaged in that our choices are becoming limited. So much for the level playing field.

I've not shopped at any of Gerry Harvey's stores for years and his meddling in the market doesn't make me change my mind.

AdelaidePeter

Re: Evans Cycles

Postby AdelaidePeter » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:08 pm

I am not sad in the least. If a UK company wants to sell here, they shouldn't get a 10% advantage over the local bike shop.